TP LINK ARCHER AX6000 NO L2TP VPN SUPPORT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-10 11:45:29 - last edited 2022-12-22 08:50:22
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396(4555)

Hello

Unfortunately, I bought a TP Link router a year ago. 

Meanwhile, I have already sent 3 routers back to the supplier because of the many problems with the software.

Now the advice  of the seller is not to upgrade anymore because, I cannot send the device back for a 4th time. 

Now I want to configure a VPN connection on my Router via Surfshark.

But Surfshark does not support PPTP anymore but the more secure L2TP protocol. 

I contacted Surfshark to help me install a VPN on my router. 

According to them it's weird that my 1 year old 300 euro router doesn't have L2TP support. 

My question is, is there L2TP after upgrading my firmware? 
What if my old problems on the newer firmware will come back after updating my firmware:

- 5Ghz band disappears

- Unstable speed.

- DNS time outs and so on.   

- Devices disconnection to the router like every day.   

- Static IP address home security unstable. Camera  Loading time  out.  

This product is the worst purchase ever. Everyone has warned me about Tp products.

I was far too naive to believe that spending 300 Euros on a Tp router is a good idea. 

Your customer service is also always offline or unavailable.  

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP LINK ARCHER AX6000 NO L2TP VPN SUPPORT -Solution
2022-03-25 05:55:06 - last edited 2022-03-25 05:55:11

Hello @Mr.Tadashi, I'm replying to inform you that we have released a beta version of the new firmware for Archer AX6000 V1.0, which adds the long-waited VPN Client feature now. You can install it on your AX6000 to connect to the VPN server now.

Visit my original post in this thread to get the beta firmware:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP LINK ARCHER AX6000 NO L2TP VPN SUPPORT
2021-04-12 03:11:55

@Mr.Tadashi 

The Archer AX6000 doesn't support VPN client settings, it only offers a VPN server (OpenVPN and PPTP). You can refer to the user guide for more reference:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201116/1910012697_Archer%20AX6000%201.0_UG_REV1.1.0.pdf

However, it will operate by default as VPN passthrough using IPSec, PPTP, or L2TP. All you have to do is have the SurfShark VPN software installed on the client devices and the VPN be based in one of the 3 mentioned protocols, there is no need to configure any VPN settings on the AX6000 router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TP LINK ARCHER AX6000 NO L2TP VPN SUPPORT -Solution
2022-03-25 05:55:06 - last edited 2022-03-25 05:55:11

Hello @Mr.Tadashi, I'm replying to inform you that we have released a beta version of the new firmware for Archer AX6000 V1.0, which adds the long-waited VPN Client feature now. You can install it on your AX6000 to connect to the VPN server now.

Visit my original post in this thread to get the beta firmware:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1525

Replies: 2

Related Articles