Security question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Security question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Security question
Security question
2021-04-25 11:31:22
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can you please confirm that the M5 bought in the UK has the option to disable UNpN and WPS, also to force the use of WPA AES only  and not use WPA2 TKIP,  many thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Security question
2021-04-26 02:02:15

@friedeggs 

Hi, currently, the last firmware of UK version has already supported disabling the UPNP, and changing the security mode;

As for the WPS, since there is no hardware on/off button on the Deco, only software button on the Deco APP and it is in-active by default, needs to be activated on the APP;

Please refer to the attached pictures to see whether this WPS setting is ok for you.

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-28 17:58:04

@TP-Link Thanks very much for the clarifcation.

If you don't mind a couple more questions, I would be  plugging the Deco into a Virgin hub in modem mode , then

1  Could i plug a Poe switch into the deco and then run several devices off the switch and also

2 How long roughly do you think support will last for the Deco M5, thanks in advance :)

Options
2021-04-29 06:48:42

@friedeggs 

Hi, it is ok to connect a PoE switch to the 2nd Ethernet port of the main Deco;

As for the 2nd question, Did you talk about the technical support service time?

--If yes, there is no time limitation of the technical support, and as long as you are interested in our product, you are free to ask questions;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-01 09:28:09

@TP-Link  Hi again and  thanks for your responses. My question about updates was not technical support rather security patches for the Deco M5, thanks very much

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 4

Related Articles