Mesh system with TP LINK AXE5400

a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hello,

I have just invested in a TP LINK AXE5400 which will be hardwired back to my BT HUB2 from my office on the second floor to give me a secure connection.

Am considering adding one or two WiFi access points because my house has three floors and the coverage from the BT router is poor.

Could anyone recommend additional mesh devices or would I be just as well adding a couple of AXE5400 devices (which could be overkill)?

Thanks in advance 

Mike 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh system with TP LINK AXE5400
a week ago

@MikeJ01 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

AXE5400 is not an exact model,so it is too hard to know what product it is, wireless router or Deco.

You may check the bottom label of the device, check the model and share here.

If you want a mesh system and you have three-floor house, I think Deco mesh system may be more suitable for you.

So if what you purchased is a wireless router and you choose Deco finally, you may consider to return the router asap, because they Onemesh, Easymesh, Deco mesh are three things. Please read this guide to know more about their differences.

BTW, if you want to ask more questions about Deco, it is suggested to share your posts in our Deco Section, there will be professional person to answer for you.

Options
Re:Mesh system with TP LINK AXE5400
a week ago

@MikeJ01 

I should have mentioned it was an Archer AXE75 sorry.

On your advice and after doing some further research I have returned it and opted for a Deco XE75 system instead.

Thanks for your advice,

Regards,

Mike

Options