Is it possible to shut off the 2.4GHz band on Deco S4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 06:34:07 - last edited 2021-04-28 06:35:26
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have disabled the 2.4GHz WiFi band on my Decos using the Deco app, and they are no longer offering a 2.4GHz WiFi connection to my devices, which is what I needed. However, they are still broadcasting a 2.4GHz WiFi signal across the 40MHz bandwidth, interfering with many other devices in my home by blasting out a powerful signal over everything. Is it possible to limit this to a 20MHz band or shut this off altogether so they only use the 5GHz band? They are all connected by Ethernet backhaul, so I don't see that they need the 2.4GHz for anything.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to shut off the 2.4GHz band on Deco S4
2021-04-28 07:29:28 - last edited 2021-04-28 07:29:45

@AssHat 

Hi,

For the 2.4ghz Wi-Fi signal across the 40MHz bandwidth, was it a hidden SSID?

If it was, it was used to create the wireless backhaul and could not be disabled.

Even though the Deco S4 is using the Ethernet backhaul now; at the very beginning of the Ethernet backhaul, the wireless backhaul would be active for a short while;

And once the Ethernet backhaul was built up, it would be disconnected;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 1

Related Articles