Slow Internet - Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 16:06:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, 

I'm setting up my DECO M4 system and having issues. Ethernet connected devices usually achieve 500Mb and via WiFi 300Mb more or less, but on connecting the M4 via Ethernet the device only picks up 1Mb approximately. 

Have tried resetting, updating, turning off and on and starting from factory settings and same issues. 

I'm also sure the Ethernet cable is working properly. Any ideas what the issue is? 

Thanks,

Options
8 Reply
Re:Slow Internet - Connection Issues
2021-04-29 08:44:17

@smckenna

Hi, I am a little confused.

Did you try to say that: before you could get around 500m/s via Ethernet connection,300m/s over Wi-Fi, but now only 1m/s over Ethernet?

How much bandwidth that you could get from ISP?

and what is the speed test result on the Deco APP?

Can I have a picture of your Deco network diagram?

By the way, did all the clients have the same speed issue?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-29 11:57:53

@TP-Link 

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying. What I mean is;

Without the Deco Set-up, and just a modem from my ISP (The ISP is named VTR in Chile), I get 500Mb via Ethernet, and 300Mb Approx via Wireless connection. It's a good connection but there are dead zones on the second floor of my house. 

I've currently set-up the DECO and connected it via Ethernet to the Modem, and followed the set-up instructions. The Modem is in Bridge Mode at the moment as instructed by Tp-Link, but I've also tried NAT with the same result. 

Now, when I connect to the Deco WiFi network, I receive very slow speeds, sometimes in Kb and a max of 13 Mb before dropping quickly. 

I've attached a photo with the set-up. It will only let me attach one photo. I'll upload another photo of the speed in another reply. 

Thanks, 

File:
IMG_AC2C9EEC54FF-1.jpegDownload
Options
2021-04-29 11:58:20

@TP-Link Photo 2 

File:
IMG_AC2C9EEC54FF-1.jpegDownload
Options
2021-04-30 07:32:18

@smckenna 

Hi, it seemed that you attached the two same pictures;

And could you please help me check other information as well:

1. What is the speedtest result on the Deco APP?
  2. Would turning off the 4ghz and leaving the 5ghz only improve the speed?
  3. Please make sure the QoS settings has been removed: Deco APP>>>QoS>>>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download)
  4. Have you checked the Ethernet speed from Deco M4? How about the link speed?-- https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2899/

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-30 13:11:36

@TP-Link 

Hi there, 

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry about the confusing photos. 

1. What is the speedtest result on the Deco APP? 76Kbps Download, 29Kbps Upload
  2. Would turning off the 4ghz and leaving the 5ghz only improve the speed? No, in fact it drops to 0Gb.
  3. Please make sure the QoS settings has been removed: Deco APP>>>QoS>>>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download) Removed the high priority devices and set bandwidth as indicated. Zero change. 
  4. Have you checked the Ethernet speed from Deco M4? How about the link speed?-- https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2899/ Yes, it 100% works via Ethernet, the connection is very similar to what it would be plugging the computer directly into the modem. 

Thank you very much.

Photos attached. 

File:
IMG_4899 (1).PNGDownload
Options
2021-04-30 13:11:57
File:
Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-29 a la(s) 23.56.07.pngDownload
Options
2021-04-30 13:12:33
File:
Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-30 a la(s) 00.12.27.pngDownload
Options
2021-05-07 03:27:21

@smckenna 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box later;

By the way, did all your mobile devices have a low wireless speed?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 966

Replies: 8

Related Articles