Ethernet only one port working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 20:27:52 - last edited 2021-05-14 02:00:26
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i am struggling to fix this issue for over a month now. After restarting both my virgin hub 3 and Tplink Archer to factory settings due to connection issues i seem to not be able to use more than one ethernet port. i have put my hub 3 into modem mode, the tplink connects to my mac via ethernet cable and i have perfect connection on that however i am trying to connect another ethernet cable to my cat6 however i do not get any connection, i have been searching online to find a fix but i cant seem to find anything about this. 

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet only one port working
2021-05-14 07:50:59

@Darof 

Please show us a screenshot of the WAN IP address on the Status page.

When you connect another device to another LAN port of the C9, will the corresponding LED show up? Please check if the device can get a valid IP address from the router. You can try with different cat5e or cat6 cables.

BTW, when did you buy the router, was the LAN ports working fine before? Try to reset it to factory defaults, don't change any setting on the router, connect two computers to the LAN ports simultaneously, check if both can get the valid IP address from the router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2388

Replies: 1

Related Articles