Archer AX20 disconnecting issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 04:09:55
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer AX20(US)_V2_210325

I am having some disconnecting issues with my archer ax 20. I recently bought it and I join it and a re200 repeater into a onemesh system and I always face disconnecting issues. Is there a way to solve it. I already disable smart connect and I already update both of the devices firmware to the latest version.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX20 disconnecting issues
2021-06-17 06:10:35

@Chan_ZK 

Hi, when you mention you are experiencing some disconnecting issues, can you please confirm how did you notice this, does the RE200 disappear from the "devices in the Onemesh network" and appears in the "Available Onemesh devices" list?

How about the LED status on the RE200 when this issue happens? What if you configure the RE200 to connect to the AX20 in regular range extender mode, will it connect to the AX20 stably.

Please also verify if you can get a stable connection if you remove the RE200 from the network, and only connect to the AX20 wireless. You can try to disable the Smart Connect feature on the AX20, then try to choose a specific wireless channel for the network, check again if the network on the AX20 itself is stable.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-17 07:18:33
Ok, now I'm going to explain. My ax 20 I put in on the ground floor and the re200 I put on the first floor of my home. When my phone connect to a wifi 6 it will show 6, while connecting to a normal wifi it just shows a ordinary wifi sign. When I face disconnecting issues is when I connect to the re200 range extender. It shows connected and full bar but I can't have internet access and in my wifi there also shows no wifi.
Options
2021-06-18 01:45:47

@Chan_ZK 

When the phone connects to the RE network, will you be able to do a ping test on it? You can try to ping the IP address of the AX20, which is 192.168.0.1 if you didn't change it; Try to ping 8.8.8.8 if that is good.

Meanwhile, try to connect to the AX20 main network at the same time, check if you still have internet access. As mentioned earlier, please pay attention to the LED status on both the AX20 and the RE200.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-18 02:47:18
I'm not sure how to ping the router or the range extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 4

Related Articles