Deco M4 drops LAN connection every 1-2 days overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-30 06:25:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580

Hopefully I haven't missed an answer on the forum from before. Only had the system a month or so now and keep on coming downstairs and seeing the main router with it's light red every 1-2 days. The system is in AP mode, in case that's related, non-AP mode causes problems as I use my own DHCP and caching DNS server.

Any ideas, or pointers to previous posts that are relevant? Currently I have to check it every morning, and reboot the main router (wired to internet router) to get it working again.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 drops LAN connection every 1-2 days overnight
2021-06-30 17:11:46 - last edited 2021-06-30 17:15:45

@AndyPC 

Is it possible you have nightly scheduled reboot of Internet router and/or DHCP server? See if this forum thread applicable to your situation: 'Aggressive / Hijacking' Smart DHCP under AP mode.

Options
2021-06-30 20:25:53

@Alexandre. Ah yes, my router reboots overnight. I haven't read the whole linked posts yet, but do you think attaching a raspberry pi, that I use for my failover DHCP and DNS, to the second LAN port on my primary Deco might help?

Options
2021-07-06 11:08:20

@AndyPC 

Hi, we haven’t tested with the backhaul DHCP server yet and I am sorry we are not sure of the answer either;

Have you tested with the raspberry pi already and it would be highly appreciated that you could share us with the test result;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-06 15:37:45

@TP-Link Funny, no I haven't tried the raspberry pi DHCP/DNS secondary server attached to the second port of the deco attached to the Internet router yet. What I did try, is turning off the "turn off LED lights at night" feature, and the router stayed operational for 3-5 days. Moving the raspberry pi isn't a simple job, as I'll have to get into the network space here at home (behind a heavy bookcase) and I'm pretty sure there's not a spare socket for the rPi power supply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 4

Related Articles