Reconnecting after moving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-22 05:06:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We moved houses.  Our Deco works for connectivity but I no longer have the ability to control settings on my phone.  How do I get the app to recognize the Deco that is set up without setting it all up again from scratch?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Reconnecting after moving
2021-08-23 02:56:45

@Aryeh 

Hi,

Did you log into the same email account as before?

If possible, could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of your main Deco and the TP-Link ID you used for setup?

Options
Re:Reconnecting after moving
2021-08-23 03:37:40

@TP-Link  Not sure what you mean.  Could you describe for someone who is not such a tech maven?  When moved home, everything on the computer remained the same.  Same email, same account, same internet provider.  My wifi using the deco is strong.  But on my app, it no longer recognizes the account, and I can't monitor it or use parental controls.  I think I may need to set up The whole deco system from scratch, but I'd like to avoid that.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 2

Related Articles