Tether App refuses correct password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-15 00:07:58
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have no idea how to find out my Hardware version or my Firmware version.

I can log in to the app but when I press my wifi device within the app it then asks for my password and it refuses it everytime. 

Is this some sort of bug? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether App refuses correct password
2021-09-23 09:26:03

@DeanoSauruz 

Are you able to login to the router web GUI successfully now? I saw you created another thread mentioning that you cannot access the router web GUI either, so does it fix already?
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/276940

If you cannot login to the router on the Tether app, the most possible reason is that you typed in a wrong login password, remember that it's not the wireless password of the router network, but the login password that you created when you set up the router. If you don't remember that, follow the guide below to factory reset the router, then reconfigure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/497/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 1

Related Articles