Deco M5 in Access Point still broadcasts alternate wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 01:26:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6

I have our Deco M5 currently in Access Point mode.  The deco units appear to be rebroadcasting the ISP routers wifi network but also broadcasting an alternate Deco wifi network?  Is there a way to turn off the Deco wifi network?  Would the overhead of broadcasting a second redundant network not impede the performance of the unit.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in Access Point still broadcasts alternate wifi network
2021-09-16 08:46:36

@pwr 

Hi, the main feature of Deco is to create its wireless Mesh network so once the Wi-Fi of Deco is disabled, the Mesh units would be useless.

I am quite confused about what you said” The deco units appear to be rebroadcasting the ISP routers Wi-Fi network but also broadcasting an alternate Deco Wi-Fi network”, it would not “rebroadcast” other networks and only create its own wireless network.  And can I also have a screenshot of the alternate Deco network?

Options
2021-09-16 12:34:33

@TP-Link 

In Access point mode the Deco is supposed to extend the routers wifi network correct?  The router is currently broadcasting a wifi network called "Zombie".  In addition to extending the wifi network of "Zombie" the Deco units are also broadcasting their own wifi network "Deco1"  I assumed that in Access Point mode it would not broadcast the additional wifi network? 

Options
2021-09-17 03:25:24

@pwr 

Hi, In access point mode, Deco would extend the Ethernet connection from the main router and as for the wireless connection, it would broadcast its own wireless network, but you could manually change the SSID to be the same as the main router.

If you already change the Deco Wi-Fi to be "Zombie", you still see another hidden SSID “Deco 1” via wireless spectrum analysis, and this SSID is used for wireless backhaul between Decos:

Found Archer C7 v5 or Archer A7 v5 is emitting hidden network

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1474

Replies: 3

Related Articles