Deco P7 keeps losing speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-28 11:39:55
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9

I have 2 deco P7 units. The primary deco is connected to a tplink archer router. At first connection, i can get ookla speedtest 300-400mbps from my mobile when connected to primary deco. But after some time, i will only get 90mbps on speedtest. I will need to power down modem, router and deco which usually after restart, i get 300-400 mbps. But again, after some time, it drops to 90mbps on primary deco. How can i get my deco to maintain consistent 300-400mbps?

Note: i previously connect primary deco to modem direct and its same problem as above. No difference

My settings:

- access point operation mode

- fast roaming enable

- beamforming disabled

- wifi setting on 5ghz only

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P7 keeps losing speed
2021-09-30 09:45:21

@K1234 

Hi, Thank you for your patience.

Have you tried to set up another Deco as the main Deco, such as How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

How often did this issue start?

When the speed dropped to 90m/s, could you please check the Ethernet speed from the main Deco and also check the link speed on the laptop since the link speed on the main P7 might drop to 100m/s for some reason?

Or may I know the model number of your main router? If it is supported to display the link speed of the Ethernet ports, you could also check how much link speed of the specific port?

Options
Re:Deco P7 keeps losing speed
2021-09-30 10:25:39

@TP-Link 

The issue is constant. Speed drops to 90 from initial 400 after a while. The funny thing is i am able to get 400mbps on main deco for a while, say, 1 or 2 hours. Then it drops to 90mbps. If i reset modem and router, it goes back to 400, then drop to 90 again.

My main router is EC230-G1. It doesnt show link speed by ports

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 2

Related Articles