Can't reach other devices in same network created with Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 19:32:21 - last edited 2021-11-02 20:14:04
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Recently I have faced a following problem that I can't reach other devices that are in the same Deco network.

I can reach all devices from outside the Deco network but if I try to ping from device that is connected to Deco(Office) to device that is connected to Deco(1st floor), it fails.

I have three IP Phones that are connected as following. I can reach Phone2 and Phone3 from Phone1 but when it try to reach Phone3 from Phone2 it timeouts.

This same configuration has been working earlier but now for some reason it fails. I noticed that it's same thing even when I connect my PC to Deco network that I can't reach either of the phones.

Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't reach other devices in same network created with Deco P9
2021-11-03 03:47:54

@tumbai 

Hi, would the ping connection work if all the tested devices are connected to the same Deco?

Have you enabled the guest network and did any of the devices connect to the guest network?

And were you able to reproduce the same issue all the time?

If yes, could you please send me a network topology about which Deco the device is connected to and how you run the ping test?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Can't reach other devices in same network created with Deco P9
2021-11-03 07:32:58 - last edited 2021-11-03 07:34:25

Oh, apparently topology was lost somewhere from the original post but here it is.

I'm trying to ping via Windows command prompt and it works if devices are connected to same Deco.

So I can ping PC3 from PC2 and PC5 from PC4 but it won't work between Decos.

Ping works from PC1 to all other PCs.

Guest network is disabled and it didn't even help that I did factory reset to all network devices.

@TP-Link 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 532

Replies: 2

Related Articles