Parental Controls issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Controls issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental Controls issues
Parental Controls issues
2021-11-19 04:21:30
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20210926 rel.33340

Hi,

There are two issues with the Parental Controls function in my Archer AX55 WIFI Router.

1. Sometimes when my son has used up the screen time, he can still connect to the internet and keep playing, even though the status in HomeShield shows 'Blocked'. I have to reboot the router to block him.

2. It always counts 3 Hours - 4 hours connection time during 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM every morning even though the laptop was disconnected and shut down.

Could you please help to fix the bugs? Many thanks!

Kind regards,

XeonHH

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Controls issues
2021-11-25 08:23:32

@XeonHH 

Hello, just want to confirm, is your son's computer/phone added to a family/group? Be sure that it is in one profile as described in the below FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2996/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Parental Controls issues
2021-11-27 03:41:48

@Kevin_Z Yes. I followed the same steps to set up my son's profile and the time limits as described in the article.

The 1st issue happens intermittently. Sometimes it blocks my son's internet access successfully. But sometimes it doesn't work - It showed my son's profile is 'Blocked' in the Techer APP, but my son can still access the internet (playing the Roblox game) without being blocked. And I can see his computer is still connected and has traffic in the Clients list.

The 2nd issue didn't happen in the last few days. Maybe it's resolved by itself?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 2

Related Articles