"Disconnected from other Decos" error. Deco x90 Satellite Keeps Disconnecting from Main Deco.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

"Disconnected from other Decos" error. Deco x90 Satellite Keeps Disconnecting from Main Deco.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-27 01:43:15
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210722 Rel. 65801

The Deco x90 satellite will frequently disconnect from the Deco x90 main. When I look on the app, I get the error message "Disconnected from other Decos". It happens as frequently as every few hours but may be stable for as long as a day. I have tried switching the main Deco x90 with the satellite, but the issue still happens on whichever unit is the satellite. Which ever unit is main will function normally during this time, only the unit designated as the satellite will be affected.

Other than switching the Deco x90 units and resetting the devices, I have also ensured I'm on the current firmware, and I've moved the units to different rooms as near as 8 feet from one another. My ISP is Comcast and the Deco units are connected over WiFI. Is there a beta available? Is this a known issue? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:"Disconnected from other Decos" error. Deco x90 Satellite Keeps Disconnecting from Main Deco.
2021-11-29 09:04:10

@RefreshRefresh 

Hi, I tend to think it might be a false alarm of the Deco APP.

Will you see the LED light on the satellite Deco turn red?

If you have a wired laptop, it Is suggested to check whether you could get internet when APP said:” Disconnected from other Decos”.

At the same time, please send the APP log to me: Deco APP>Overview>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:"Disconnected from other Decos" error. Deco x90 Satellite Keeps Disconnecting from Main Deco.
2021-11-30 00:08:10

@TP-Link 
Hello.

I do not believe it is only a matter of a false alarm on the Deco App.

The LED light will typically flash red. Occasionally it will be solid red. And sometimes it will show as green even though the app says it is disconnected. Most of the time it is flashing red. Also on the few times it has been green but disconnected in the app, none of the devices connected to the satellite have access to the internet.

I will try to connect through ethernet when the issue happens again.

I have sent the log as requested.

Thank you for your time and help with this.

Options
2021-11-30 01:22:00

@RefreshRefresh 

Thank you very much for the further explanation and I got your APP feedback.

Could you please refer to the private message for more instruction?

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1003

Replies: 3

Related Articles