Powerline Adapter power surge?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 14:13:31
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

My main question is, knowing you are supposed to plug the adaptor straight into a wall socket instead of a power board, what would happen if you plugged your adaptor into an extension power lead and plugged that into the wall socket. The main issue I have with these adaptors is that they are too wide for both wall sockets to be used.  

I plugged my adaptor in front of a power board and the powerboard randomly tripped. The fact that the circuit wasn't tripped on the box outside leads me to conclude that it had nothing to do with the adaptor and must be the powerboard itself or something on the powerboard that surged. Is there any link people can see here, is it just a massive coincidence that this happened within 24hrs of my putting in the power link adaptor?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter power surge?
2022-01-11 06:27:31 - last edited 2022-01-11 06:32:20

Hello @simonrahtz 

Powerline KIT need to be plugged in the wall outlet not power extension board. Power board especiall for those with surge protection feature could filter or affect powerline signals, and  the powerline kit may not pair to each other or have poor performance like low speed or internet disconnections. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 1

Related Articles