New Deco X20 keeps disconnecting from modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-16 14:36:33 - last edited 2022-04-16 14:37:36
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hello! I just bought a new set of Deco X20 to use as a replacement for the awful Virgin Media Hub. Everything is set up, but it randomly drops connection, despite the virgin line still being connected.

I've found the issue is in the Philips Hue hub that is connected to the second ethernet port on the main Deco. It seems the deco periodically thinks this is the modem and tries to connect through that or something because as soon as I disconnect the Hue from that second port, the internet comes back online. I can then plug the hue back in and it retains connection for about a day.

Not sure if the issue is the Deco unit, maybe the virgin hub loses connection and the deco tries to use the hue instead? Or maybe the hue is doing something it shouldn't? Any advice appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Deco X20 keeps disconnecting from modem
2022-04-18 07:18:46

@LPeek Thank you very much for your feedback.

Based on your description, I used to see a similar case:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/269862

So I wonder how you found out that Deco might think Philips hue is the main modem?

And you could try to connect Phillips hue to the satellite X20 to have a test.

Best regards.

Options
Re:New Deco X20 keeps disconnecting from modem
2022-04-18 08:39:44
Thanks David! It’s not so much that I know for sure the Deco thinks the Hue is the modem, it’s just that when the connection drops, the Deco thinks it’s still connected to a modem, yet there is no internet, and when I disconnect the Hue, everything goes back to normal. So I just put two and two together. It may well be some other interaction/interference with the Hue rather than it thinks it’s the modem. I’ll take a look at that thread and see if it helps thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 838

Replies: 3

Related Articles