Deco M9 Plus LAN port Setting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-17 06:54:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hello Support,

I just bought Deco M9 Plus 2 packs unit, the performance is fine for the Wi-Fi connection,

but when I plug the CAT 5e cable to the 2nd M9 plus (Ethernet ports) for my desktop, the connection cannot be established, 

is there any setting for LAN port? Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus LAN port Setting
2022-04-18 02:52:26

@SamSam22 

Welcome to the community.

It is suggested to have a look at this link:

Ethernet not working on deco?

case 1 and case 3 might be related.

Options
2022-04-18 07:30:32

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thanks for your information, but my 2nd Deco LAN connection still cannot be established. Please find my configuration for your reference.

ISP Modem ->1st Deco ---------> 2nd Deco -> Desktop (I tried to connect LAN cable in Ethernet Port #1 and #2, but LAN port doesn’t work)

Note: I have already changed another LAN cable and set up DHCP for Desktop LAN setting

Thanks,

Samuel

Options
2022-04-18 08:10:40

@SamSam22 Thanks for the update.

Also no IPTV settings on either of the main Deco or satellite Deco, right?

Can you refer to this link to help me check the IP settings on this laptop?-How to find IP address on your devices?

By the way, what is the model number of this laptop and Did it work well if connecting to the ISP model directly?

Options
2022-04-18 14:08:50

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Yes, no IPTV settings on either of the main Deco or satellite Deco.

I am using one desktop PC (not a laptop), and please find the attached screen captured for your reference.

My desktop motherboard model is Asus B560-G Gaming Wi-Fi

Thanks,

Samuel

File:
screen captured.JPGDownload
Options
2022-04-19 01:59:00

@SamSam22 

Thank you very much for the information.

Based on the pictures, it seemed like the desktop did not even detect the Ethernet connection and it is more like a hardware issue.

Since you have tested all the ports on Deco, and also replaced different cables, supposing the Deco is still good, the next possibility would be that the Ethernet port on the desktop might be broken.

So would it is possible to connect the desktop to the cable modem directly or find an alternative wired client to test the Ethernet port of Deco?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1038

Replies: 5

Related Articles