Can't connect to TP-Link extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 05:55:48
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the TP Link extender more than a year, I have several laptop and desktop PC connected to it.

2 days ago I've noticed that from 2 laptops I have can't connect to it but to the  WIFI of the router that I have It connected.

I tried to find the problem and that message I've got:"Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration".

Also from 2 others laptopp and desktop PC I've no problem to  connect to the extender.

Can someone tell me what's the problem and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced'

meirbit

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to TP-Link extender
2022-05-19 03:40:01

Hello  @meirbit 

Thank you for the feedback, can I know the model and OS of your 2 laptops and failed to connect to Wi-Fi? 

If only extender failed to get IP address from range extender

1. Ensure range extender is on the latest firmware 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/v6/#Firmware

2. Remove Wi-Fi profile or forget extender Wi-Fi on that certain device and reconnect to Wi-Fi of extender 

Remove Wi-Fi profile on Windows

How to remove existing wireless network profile on Android & iPhone

3. Try some suggestions in Case 4: Certain Device Unable to Connect Wi-Fi extender & Case 5 

Options
2022-08-22 09:22:54

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Sorry for the late late responde.

The model of the 2 laptops are:

1-Lenovo Y700 OS windows 10.

2-dell G15 OS windows 11.

The weird thing that's I was enable to connect to the TP Extender and after a few months it's stopped.

I tried all the steps you suggests:

update the firm wire of the device-Done.

forget the extender WI FI on both device-Done.

reset the extender-Done .

I tried to reconnect and the sme result-Done.

any idea?

Thanks in advanced,

Meir

Options
2022-08-22 09:41:58 - last edited 2022-08-22 09:43:37

@meirbit 

Glad to hear from you again.

Do you mean 1)  Extender itself not working and all devices lose internet  or 2)  only two of the network devices Dell & Lenovo can not connect to it while other devices still able to connect to range extender? 

For 1) How about the Led Status on your TL-WA850RE right now?  If the Signal led goes off, that means Range extender lost Wifi of router, you could reset and reinstall the extender again. Please verify the wifi password as instructed here before reinstallation. 

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

For 2) If only Dell& Lenovo failed to obtain IP:  You could try case5, to manually turn on DHCP server on the range extender and setup an IP address for it within router's IP range

Case 5 : PS4 / IOS devices fail to connect to RE's Wi-Fi network or failed to get an IP address 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 3

Related Articles