Main or nearest wired?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Main or nearest wired?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Main or nearest wired?
Main or nearest wired?
2022-06-11 19:13:12 - last edited 2022-06-13 03:17:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 5 M4 wireless connected and all of the them are linked to the main Deco, even when the signal is very weak. If I wired the main Deco to the Deco 2, will the others Deco still connect to the main or to the new wired, which is the much nearer to the Deco 3, 4 e 5?

When I wire a Deco, will this one be seen and treated similarly to a main Deco?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main or nearest wired?
2022-06-13 11:45:29

@MVLRM 

Deco 3,4,5 will still try to connect to Main Deco, but if you can wire Deco 2 it could be made Main. The process depends on how you run your run Deco mesh: in Router or in Access Point mode. Can you clarify that?

Also, if in Router mode, can you switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode instead?

Options
2022-06-13 11:57:26

@MVLRM 

Deco will choose the signal source on its own, normally the one with a stronger signal.

So if the new wired one could provide a stronger signal and a higher link speed, the others will try to connect to the new wired.

Thank you very much.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-13 13:21:23

@MVLRM 

You've got two conflicting opinions, but they are from the same solution. You need to wire Deco 2 to Main Deco.

Bounce Decos 3,4,5 and if they reconnect to wired Deco 2 you are all set. If not, I can give you steps to make Deco 2 your new Main Deco. The process of changing Main Deco is seamless for Deco mesh running in Access Point mode, but there is a trick if you need to run Deco mesh in Router mode, for your specific setup. The good news: it should work.

Options