Device accessing websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 16:28:19 - last edited 2023-04-24 08:52:30
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Frequent DNS Request
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I installed nextdns on my main router, and use an Archer AX73 as wifi access point. I noticed in NextDNS that the router accesses some sites like Reddit, Yahoo, Amazon, Google and Ebay, even though no one is connected to the device. Does it do this to run some network testing or could it be some failure or intrusion? I remember that previously the router made several connections with Avira because of the security service, which decreased after an update. I performed the blocking of these sites, but then the other devices can not access either. If anyone wants to help me with this I'm very happy, thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device accessing websites
2022-07-25 07:39:30

Hello @Meubi_low 

This concern was discussed in the following thread before, please check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/214828

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Device accessing websites
2022-07-25 14:12:39

@Kevin_Z I saw this post, but had no conclusion. I expect a response from Tplink on this issue soon. If I will not sell this router and buy from another brand. 

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello @Meubi_low 

This concern was discussed in the following thread before, please check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/214828

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 2

Tags

Access Point Mode
Frequent DNS Request