WAN is not reconnected after reboot/power cycle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 06:43:22
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220216 Rel. 59311(4555)

Hello community,

I have recently bought Archer AX23 AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router and so far have noticed one major issue.

My WAN settings are as follows:

In case of reboot or power cycle, the WAN wil not be reconnected automatically and the status light will stay amber.

In order to reconnect, I need to change the Router MAC Address setting to one of the other options, save the configuration and revert it back to the original (this is because my ISP uses MAC filtering).

Steps to reproduce:

- Have your WAN connection set to static IP

- Reboot the router

Expected result:

- WAN is reconnected shortly after boot

Actual result:

- WAN stays disconnected

- The status light stays amber

Workaround:

- Switch Router MAC Address setting to one of the other options, save the configuration, revert to the original setting and save the configuration again.

Options
9 Reply
Re:WAN is not reconnected after reboot/power cycle
2022-07-27 08:45:00

Hello @stoy 

Please allow me to ask some questions before providing a solution or suggestions.

Is this static IP connection required by your ISP? Who is it? If you use these static IP settings on a computer by wiring the computer directly to the ISP modem, will there be the same issue when there is a power cycle? If that is not the case and the connection is stable, please try to do a MAC Clone on the AX23 by following this guide, try to clone the computer's MAC to the AX23 WAN, then monitor the connectivity.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-27 09:02:50

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

Static IP is the method my ISP uses and no other are available atm. The ISP is a local Bulgarian one called A1 (formerly MegaLAN).

I didn't have the issue with my old D-Link GO RT-AC750 also if I connect my laptop straight to the WAN cable and reboot it.

Something I forgot to mention is that I have one of my LAN ports configured as WAN port, which I am using for IPTV
I have also played the scenario with the MAC cloning of my laptop for example. The behavior seems to be the same :/

Options
2022-07-27 09:36:55

@stoy 

Can you explain this a little bit? "I have one of my LAN ports configured as WAN port, which I am using for IPTV" How did you change the LAN port to WAN on the AX23? Or you are talking about the ISP modem? Can I have the detailed network layout?

Are there any other special or advanced settings that you can think of on the AX23 also?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-27 10:09:54

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry for the poor explanation, I mean that one of my LAN ports is bridged to the WAN. Here is the setting that I am talking about:

Regarding other advanced settings, I really can't recall anything else than some DHCP reservations but I don't think that it could be related.

Options
2022-07-27 11:11:45

@stoy 

I see. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I would forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-08-22 16:26:15

I have the same issue with my Archer AX1800 router: after reboot the static IP on the WAN port is not assigned.

After the power is lost, the router reboots, then the WAN connection stays unconnected.

To reconnect to Internet, I need to change the WAN connection type to "Dynamic IP", then click [Save], then change the Internet (WAN) connection type back to "Static IP", then click [Save]. This assigns the static IP correctly until the next router reboot.

My ISP works through a static IP configuration and they don't support DHCP. The only way to get the router connected to Internet is through manually reassign the "Static IP" connection type through the router admin interface. I can't do this remotely, only at home, so this is a problem for my home automation.

Please provide a solution: patch / firmware update / other workaround, which does not require manual intervention after power loss.

The router is still too new to flash it with DD-WRT.

Nakov

Options
2022-08-23 06:20:37

@Nakov 

Thank you very much for the follow-up and for reporting the issue to the community.

Can I know who is your ISP also?

Is the model number of the TP-Link router Archer AX1800? Please verify the model by checking the device bottom sticker, where is a Model Number.

Please confirm if you also enabled the IPTV settings on the Archer router just like stoy.

Options
2022-08-23 06:34:43
Hi @Nakov My issue was fixed with the following beta: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2022/202208/20220811/AX23-v1-eu-jp-kr-ru-1.0.5-220811-rel47399.zip You can give it a try. Good luck!
Options
2022-10-24 11:57:11

@stoy Thank you. This beta update for Archer AX 23 works for me too.

I am also using A1 (MTel) as Internet provider in Bulgaria and I has the same issue.

After the beta update (AX23_eu_jp_kr_ru-up-ver1-0-5-P1[20220811-rel47399]_2022-08-11_13.55.40), the router works correctly and the WAN connection is restered correctly after power loss / reboot.

Options