Deco M4 disconnects and turns solid red frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 17:42:32
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 build 20220401

My deco worked fine in the first days, then I updated it to the current version and this strange behavior started:
I have two wifis: 1 from the internet provider and my deco network with 2 identical Deco m4, often during the day my deco network stops working for a few seconds to a couple minutes and comes back, the provider wifi is still working, if I go check my deco it sometimes have the solid red light. 
Any ideias what is going on? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 disconnects and turns solid red frequently
2022-08-26 08:07:19

@rcoan 

Hi, have you ever checked whether Deco still has a valid IPV4 address when it turned red?

How often will it drop out within one day?

And may I know who is your internet service provider and the model number of your ISP router?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could receive an email from me later.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M4 disconnects and turns solid red frequently
2022-08-26 14:49:04

@David-TP 
hello, thank you for the response!

have you ever checked whether Deco still has a valid IPV4 address when it turned red?

After your message, I configured my main deco with Static IP, and it still happened.

How often will it drop out within one day?

It depends, today happened 2 times so far, yesterday happened around 7 times between 8am to 12pm

And may I know who is your internet service provider and the model number of your ISP router?

My provider is `Vivo` (It's a Brazilian one), the router model number is Askey RTF8115VW.

I'll also answer your email. thank you again! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 2

Related Articles