AX55 VPN Client Opertion Failed on OpenVPN Profile Save

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 03:28:30
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4341)

Trying to setup the route to connect to a PureVPN server using config file provided by PureVPN.

With VPN Client enabled, I Add a Profile, provide Description, VPN Type (OpenVPN), Username and Password then Browse and upload the ovpn file seemingly successfully (upload progresses to 100%).

However, when I press Save, the VPN Client page flashes and then Operation Failed is displayed.  No entry is added to the Server List.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this?  Nothing shows up in the System Log.

Or better yet, any ideas why this is happening?

I have verified the config file works on a Windows machine to establish the connection.  I have also tried removing all comments (just a line or two) as a shot in the dark.

The config file already has the format as described here: Manually create the unified format for OpenVPN profile(CyberGhost OpenVPN Server). | TP-Link Canada

And this has no useful info whatsoever: What should I do if VPN doesn't work on Wi-Fi Router? | TP-Link Canada

I saw another post that suggested issues depending on what interface is being used, and I'm on the WiFi (192.168.0.1).

File size is 6 KB.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX55 VPN Client Opertion Failed on OpenVPN Profile Save
2022-08-26 06:21:05

Hello @SeanTCG 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Regarding this "Operation Failed" error, I would assume it is caused by the browser. Please try to clear the browser cache or try the incognito mode, you will be able to connect to the PureVPN server.

Try with another browser would be also worth a try.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options