Some Wifi devices wont connect and some have to reconnect every time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 08:36:12
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Im having issues since I got this router and I want to get advice before the time I can return it to the store ends.

My main issue is with the WiFi, for example:

• Some devices wont connect to the 2.4Ghz, but they will connect to the guest 2.4Ghz.
  • The internet just stops working on a band. For example, devices connected to the 5Ghz lose internet access and device reports, "Connected, without internet", but the 2.4Ghz band works fine and so does wired.
  • Randomly the 5Ghz band just kicks you off and reconnecting doesn't work for a couple of hours.
  • Many devices have to reconnect to the Wifi after rebooting.  For example xboxs wont automatically connect to the wifi. It reports a network error and I have to the connection settings on the Xbox and simply press OK on the already filled in wifi password.
  • For a couple of hours the router just refused to connect to the internet, however I could connect to the internet by plugging straight in to the router myself. 

I bought this as ex-display so has a limited time warranty.  I do believe it was an exdisplay and not used, as all the plastic peal stickers are stil on it.

I have updated the firmware to the latest on.  I had to do it manually router interface reported it was the latest version but going to the TP-Link support page showed a newer version.  But after updating the firmware it still doesn't work as i'd expect.

Any advice on what could be causing the issue? Any settings I can try?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Some Wifi devices wont connect and some have to reconnect every time
2022-10-13 07:08:01

@SwingPusher 

I'm wondering what are the devices that connect to the wireless, either the 2.4G or 5G? Are they all experiencing issues? Or this only happens on some specific devices, such as smart IoT devices?

Are you using Smart Connect on the AX6000? You can try to disable it if it's enabled when the issue happens, then try to change the 2.4G and 5G channels, change the wireless security to WPA2-PSK AES, and reboot the AX6000 to monitor.

Pay attention to the LED on the AX6000, is it always blue, especially when there is an issue?

Who is your ISP? If the internet LED on the AX6000 becomes red when there is an issue, call them to confirm if there is an issue with the line or the modem.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles