No Whitelist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Whitelist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No Whitelist
No Whitelist
2022-11-18 06:20:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hi Deco Team,

We have been recommending Deco Mesh systems to all our clients for the past 5 years. We set up hundreds of these with in the time. Unfortunately, we are no longer selling and recommending your system due to the fact that they cannot white list MAC address. 

This makes the deco system less attractive as the key selling point of the system is parental control and security. If they cannot whitelist the mac address to block random mac address and any new device can be setup with the wifi password makes theses system only function as a wifi mesh. Other systems will do the same and more.

Your recommendation of turning off the random mac address does not fix the problem. The device owner can simply turn the random mac address back on. There is also the fact that people don't have access to an unwanted random device that is logged in.

It has been several years since this issue was raised . Nothing is done about it so I am quite disappointed in your team.

Paul

Options
5 Reply
Re:No Whitelist
2022-11-21 05:48:08

@TechGuysWA Hi, welcome to the community.

MAC Filterin(Whitelist) feature is already on the plan and will be supported along with future firmware upgrade.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-11 15:01:45

Hi  @David-TP Can you present a timeframe please? Are we talking several month ahead or? What is the current plan for a firmware upgrade with the white-list function?

Thanks

Options
2023-01-22 21:28:24

If the whitelist will not be promptly, please at least allow us to set a default parental control group for new devices. That way we can block new devices until they can be sorted out, and avoid randomized MAC addresses.

At the moment the parental controls are being completely defeated because one child has figured out that they can just randomize their MAC address unless we constantly reblock the device.

Options
2023-06-28 07:44:23

@TechGuysWA 

Hi, hope you're ok. Long time ago since you posted a common issue, the request of a whitelist feature. So long that must have given up? I guess so. However I have raised this again as its ridiculous how long its taking for them to act. I should have scraped Deco long ago and invested in a new system.

However, I have raised this again hoping they will understand, take this seriously and speed up.

Link to my new post end June 2023

Best regards

Per

Options
2023-06-28 08:00:09

I know the development team do not look at these threads but if Tp-Link team is interested, we can revised this system for them and have the whitelist function available in a 3 months time frame if they are interested in collaborating or hiring our service. We will not revise their system without proper authorization since it is proprietary. 

We have moved on from all Tp Link products for now based on our experience with Tp Link but hope to use their products in the future when they take their products and services more seriously.

Paul 

Options