Constant red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Constant red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Constant red light
Constant red light
2022-12-02 04:47:07
Tags: #Red
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there

As many others, I have the challenge that all my Deco's go red and stays red after a power outage. I tried following different advice, but have not yet succeeded. Used ours until now, so I am on the verge of scrappping it all.

First of all it's important to note that I use one of the units as a router, which is directly connected to the fiber modem. Bridge mode activated. 

I have tried:

- restarting modem

- restarting Deco

- resetting Deco and setting up my network from scratch

- switching my Decos and used a previous slave as the main unit (after resetting)

- calling my provider to ask whether everything looks fine. It does. I get a fine signal into the modem, but from here it goes wrong 

No matter which solution, after the yellow start up led, then it just goes red and says no connection to the internet. 

Anyone with a good idea? Or a link to one of the many other threads about this - but with my exact issue - solved by another method?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Constant red light
2022-12-05 07:15:55

@NordicNinja 

Hi, if you connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to the main ISP modem router, will the same disconnect appear on the laptop as well?

If the laptop could get a stable connection, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Clone the MAC address of the laptop on Deco M9 plus.

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

2. Change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

if it did not help, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. May I know who is your internet service provider and the model number of your main modem router?

2. Please help me save a screenshot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4 when Deco went red again.

3. Would have this issue most of the time after a power outage?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 493

Replies: 1

Tags

Red
Related Articles