Deco m4 device loosing internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 08:56:27
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, ive got a set of 3 deco m4s. One is in the living room wired to my virgin hub. The second deco which is upstairs is wired from an ethernet switch coming from the main deco. The third one is in the kitchen wireless. The problem i am having is when my partner uses her laptop wirelessly upstairs next to the second deco whenever i come home from work my phones wifi isnt working properly. It says connected to wifi but no internet. I can only solve this by either rebooting my phone or reconnecting to the network. It never did this before. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco m4 device loosing internet
2023-01-29 14:34:15

@Chriscox86  can anyone help please

Options
2023-01-30 11:49:00

@Chriscox86 

Hi, May I know the model number of your mobile phone? Is your smartphone the only device that had experienced this issue?

After "either rebooting my phone or reconnecting to the network", would the same issue start again when you are at home?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Turn off "mesh technology" for the smartphone on the Deco APP.

2. Enable the guest network for 5ghz only and check whether the mobile phone could automatically reconnect to the guest 5ghz and have internet service.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-30 17:30:51

@David-TP Hi David. My phone is a galaxy s21 ulta. If i reboot my phone or turn my phone wifi off and on it corrects the problem. My partner has an iphone and doesnt have this problem. But since before getting these decos i never had a problem connecting to the virgin hub with my galaxy. It only seems to have the problem once or week or so when my partner has used her laptop for work connecting to the decos(wirelessly) how do i turn off the mesh technology? I cant seem to find this in the menu. Thanks

Options
2023-01-31 10:06:30

@Chriscox86 

Hi, you could refer to this link to find the "Mesh Technology". There is a separate switch on each mobile device, so it will not affect the network performance on other devices.

It is also suggested to turn off "fast roaming" temporarily just for troubleshooting purposes.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552 (case 3)

And as for galaxy s21 ultra, I also wish you could check with Samsung support to see if there is any new version since I googled around and there were several similar feedback with different brands of mesh WiFi.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-10 14:14:08

@David-TP hi david ive left it a week before replying to you and yesterday when returning from work i got the wifi connected but no internet again. I tried disabling the mesh technology on my phone deco app lastweek but its not worked. A quick wifi toggle off an back on again on my phone and its fine again. Cant understand it.

Thanks , chris

Options