Devices struggle to connect to Deco S7 since firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-29 12:11:14

Did the Deco S7 firmware update last week, now my devices struggle to connect. Often need to reboot or power off and on. Furthermore, as I move through the house, I no linger automatically connect to other units. 
a friend is experiencing similar issues. Seems like a bug in the firmware release

Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices struggle to connect to Deco S7 since firmware update
2023-01-30 03:28:04

@Mikey7777 Hi, welcome to the community.

Since the 1.1.3 firmware has been released for several months.so far, I haven't seen much similar feedback. Maybe you could help me check the following details first:

1. Can I have a picture of your network topology?--you could leave me a screenshot of the network map on the Deco APP.

2. Would you notice any Deco turn red during the disconnection?

3. Would all the mobile clients have the same connection issue---"my devices struggle to connect. Often need to reboot or power off and on", or just several devices?

--If it happened mainly to several devices, can I have their model number?

--here "reboot or power off and on", do you mean to power on/off Deco or the mobile clients themselves?

And here are some suggestions for your reference, please help me check whether they are making any difference:

1. please turn off "mesh technology" for these devices on the Deco APP.

2. temporarily disable "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network--case 3

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Devices struggle to connect to Deco S7 since firmware update
2023-01-30 22:42:26

@Mikey7777 That's right, call a mechanic to fix it.

https://tunnelrush.co/
Options