Address reservation not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-21 21:55:02 - last edited 2023-08-07 13:07:38
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522

Hi,

I have a Deco x50 working in router wifi mode.

It is V1.2 hardware version and is using the latest firmware.

It is installed behind a router configured in bridge mode.

DHCP from the decos is working fine assigning the devices ip addresses in the correct range.

Address reservation is not working.

Despite the fact I make the address reservation, some of my cameras keep being assigned with different ip address.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Address reservation not working
2023-07-24 07:42:59

@heldercosta90 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to check if you have set up the Address Reservation feature successfully.
How to configure Address Reservation on a Deco?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Please go to the Deco app>More>Advanced>LAN IP page and send me a picture of this page.

2. What are the IP address and subnet mask of the cameras that keep being assigned with different IP addresses? Are they connected to Deco's Wi-Fi rather than other Wi-Fi networks?

3. Do the cameras show up on Deco's Client List page? 

4. Do the cameras' MAC addresses on its app or web UI the same as the MAC address you configured on the Deco app>Address Reservation page?

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-25 12:53:57

@Solla-topee Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the questions you did:

1 - See the attached pictures

2 - All cameras and IoT devices are configured to get the IP Address over DHCP

3 - Yes

4 - Yes MAC address is always the same. That´s the reason why I'm not getting why Deco DHCP is assigning other address.

As you can see in the images I would expect a camera with MAC 6A-FF-7A-B8-4C would have the IP address 192.168.68.203.

It was assigned with IP address 192.168.68.89.

Regards

Options
2023-07-26 08:35:22

@heldercosta90 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Actually, I see the MAC address here did change a little bit and the device name has been updated as well.

Did you have another Wi-Fi or extender in the network which might work as a proxy?

If not, I think you could try to manually customize an address reservation using the MAC address printed on the product label of the camera.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-07-26 16:16:18 - last edited 2023-08-07 13:07:38

@David-TP I assigned the MAC address manual and reboot the system and everything is working now.

Thanks for your support.

Regards.

Options
2023-08-07 13:20:34

@David-TP The problem is back, but this time I know what is going on with it.

So I have a Deco x50 system and also a RE365 working as an extender so the camera I referred to in my previous posts could get a stronger signal.

From the link I am sending below, I have an idea of what is causing this issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/235352?replyId=626878

So the RE365 extender is using the MAC Address Proxy mode which is generating virtual MAC addresses.

I had this RE365 extender for a while and was basically the reason why I went for the Deco mesh system because I thought that being on the TP-Link environment everything would work with no issues.

How can I overcome this issue? Can I disable MAC address Proxy mode on the RE365 extender? How can I use address reservation on the Deco system when using a RE365 extender? Please don´t reply with the same solution I posted above because those are unacceptable... 

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 5

Related Articles