No Internet / Unidentified Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Internet / Unidentified Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:No Internet / Unidentified Network
2023-08-14 02:54:40

@woozle I also just realized that there should not be any conflicts in assigning IP addresses between the ISP modem and the TPlink router because they each have their own subnets. However, do you have an idea what could be the problem with the PCs connected to TPlink's ethernet ports having No Internet/Unidentified Network? It looks like it's trying to identify the network but it just cannot get an IP address assigned to it. 

Options
2023-08-14 09:45:35

@Krabapalooza 

Assuming that the hardware is not defective (cable, Ethernet adapter/card) I think the only reason for not getting an IP address assigned would be if the router is blocking that particular device. This might happen via thinks like Access Control, DDoS protection, Intruder protection, etc., but we have already confirmed that you are not using any of these on your AX55.

Did you mention that your PC is able to connect properly when you manually configure all the IP addresses on it? (i.e IP address, Subnet, Gateway, DNS)

By the way, when configuring a static IP address on any device, then the IP address used should be outside of the DHCP server's address pool, to avoid that an IP address might exist twice within the network.

Options
2023-08-15 03:46:55

@woozle I'll try to monitor if it acts up again, but yes, I am able to access the internet if I manually assign an IP address myself. It only has a problem assigning an IP address automatically via DHCP.

Thanks for the info about using an IP address outside of the DHCP address pool, I thought I still needed to use the IP addresses within it.

Options
Related Articles