Router doesn't auto reconnect after losing internet connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 13:55:24 - last edited 2023-08-27 13:57:24
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.17 v0001.0 Build 201214 Rel.67500n

Router drops internet connections frequently 4-5 times a day and all led's stays green but no internet access, until reboot or manually disconnect and reconnect router from network page.

I tried reinstalling the same latest firmware, but it's not helpful. Tried setting up internet using modem and it reconnects automatically when there is connection drop. 

If possible issue firmware update to fix this issue, i have come across other post that shared the same concern over past 2 years in this community.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Router doesn't auto reconnect after losing internet connection.
2023-08-28 01:32:46

@rajshekhar 

Hi, when the router loses internet access, please connect a computer to your modem directly to check if modem still has internet or not.

If the modem is still working fine, please try to set Internet DNS Servers manually on the router Network->WAN->Advanced part, the following screenshot for your reference.

If it still doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest firmware from the official website and update it manually:

Firmware Download for TL-WR845N V4

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-28 05:24:20

@Sunshine 

Modem is in bridge mode. But i used it as router and it reconnect after connection drop. But tplink router has to either reboot or manually disconnect and reconnect after no internet.

DNS server option is already set by me first time.

Options
2023-08-28 09:07:50

@rajshekhar 

What is the WAN connection type you configured on the router? PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

When the router stops working next time, please connect a computer to your bridge modemd directly and test if internet still works this way.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-28 09:25:10 - last edited 2023-08-28 09:29:52

@Sunshine Connection type is PPPoe . 

Connection resume when i reboot tp link router or disconnect and reconnect from Wan page. 

To use internet from modem i have to reconfigure modem in router mode instead of bridge mode, which is not something i want. Modem doesn't have wireless functionality either. I want to use modem in bridge mode only.

This could be problem with firmware if router doesn't reconnect when i checked always on in connection mode on wan settings.

My isp connection is not stable so network drops are frequent but it's only option i got in my area. And i don't want to reboot router every time this happen.

Options
2023-08-29 08:39:54

@rajshekhar 

Hi, could you please try to set your modem back to router mode and set up PPPoE on the modem? Then configure the TP-Link router as access point to see if both devices will reconnect automatically after losing internet connection?

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1911

Replies: 5

Related Articles