PPPoE connection doesn't reconnect for a while after a power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-09 06:09:13 - last edited 2024-01-09 06:18:51
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 221028 Rel.34377n(5553)

Hi. I'm using an Archer C20 router. It was working perfectly fine up until a couple of months ago. Every time there's a power cut in my area, my connection doesn't reconnect for some time (sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 2-3 hours). After some hours, the connection restores on its own. It's getting really frustrating.

As far as I'm aware there was a bug that caused PPPoE connections to not reconnect after being disconnected but since been patched in a recent firmware update. I upgraded my router to the latest firmware version for Archer C20 V5. I also tried changing my connection mode to connect on demand and set max idle time to 0 (as suggested in an older thread). But nothing seems to resolve the problem. 

The red LED is lit. Unplugging the power outlet for a few minutes, factory resetting the router- nothing has worked for me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:PPPoE connection doesn't reconnect for a while after a power cut
2024-01-10 03:18:41

@Rubayet 

Hi, please try to reboot the router manually and see if you will be able to reproduce the issue.

Besides, when the issue happens, if you click Connect on Network->WAN page, will you be able to connect the PPPoE successfully? If not, how about rebooting the router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-11 16:30:38 - last edited 2024-01-12 05:51:46

@Sunshine 

Hi,

I tried manually unplugging the router for few minutes and then plugged in to check if it would recreate the issue, which it did. My router didn't connect to the internet for a good while.

When I have the problem, the router's WAN page shows 'connecting' and doesn't really connect (screenshot attached). Changing the connection mode, max idle time or anything doesn't seem to resolve the issue. 

Screenshot of the WAN page-

Screenshot of the issue Caption

Options
2024-02-09 22:55:08

@Rubayet ahh fking same, I didn't find any solution for this, my router connects only 5-10 min after rebooting the router (switching on and off), this is so fking annoying. router name: tp link ac archer c20

Options