MAC address changing solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-29 20:15:51

Hello, 

With the private address option in ios devices and other ways that the kids are bypassing the parental control.

I would like to suggest adding an option to choose what to do with new connected devices, so we may choose to 1. allow new devices and then re-assign them to a specific profile (similar to current settings) or 2. Block all new devices and then allow them manually and assign them.

This will help against any attempts from the kids to bypass the parental control limits.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:MAC address changing solution
2023-08-30 09:52:55

@Almana3i 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your Deco?

If you have Deco X50/X55_V1, I am glad to say the Whitelist or the Allow List(If the MAC address of a device is on the whitelist, the device will be granted access to the internet.) is on the calendar and will be added via firmware upgrade later.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:MAC address changing solution
2023-08-30 16:28:52

@David-TP 

Thank you David for your reply.

I have the Deco M5. The whitelist is useful for known devices, but the issue I have is that my kids ipads are on parental control profiles with time limits. Whenever they use the private network option their ipads will generate new MAC addresses and bypass the limits and the network will notify me of new device connection. Then I will reassign them again to their profiles to apply the limits again.

My suggestion to solve such issue, is to have the option to either allow or block new devices from accessing the internet. So my kids will not be able to bypass the limits when they join with new MAC address unless I manually allow their devices.

Hope the above clarifies the issue.

Thanks again,

Options