DECO M5 wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5 wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M5 wired connection
DECO M5 wired connection
2023-09-25 15:40:09 - last edited 2023-09-25 15:48:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

currently I have two M5s one of which is connected to my home router Xiaomi AX3600 as a core one. Everything works more or less fine, but recently I installed a device, which has no wifi and needs cable internet. My question is if I buy additional M5, place it near this device and connect it via cable will it work? I don't want to have more cables around the house and this device does not need a fast internet. As far as I understand it has something to do with the Access Point mode, but then how does it work? Will it be enabled only for the core M5? And in that case some functions like Parental Control, Connection Alerts won't work anymore?

I also have AC750 Mesh Wi-fi extender, which I am not using. If I connect it to my wifi and use for this wired device how it will interact with my M5s? Is it worht buying new M5 or better stick to AC750?

Thank you for answers!

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO M5 wired connection
2023-09-26 04:29:33

@Ignotas  "if I  buy additional M5, place it near this device and connect it via cable will it work?" 

Yes. Connecting that device to one of your existing M5s (via Ethernet) will also work.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:DECO M5 wired connection
2023-09-26 11:32:02

@Ignotas 

Hi, like ImtiazAli said, an additional M5 would be an excellent choice.

By the way, since you already have a spare AC750(I think the model number might be RE200 or something similar), we could try to make full use of this unit first.

You can refer to this link to connect the extender to the WiFi of Deco M5.>>TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Then connect the new wired client to the Ethernet port of AC750.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 2

Related Articles