What is right for me

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What is right for me

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
What is right for me
What is right for me
2023-09-25 22:39:53 - last edited 2023-09-26 00:48:07

As a 70 year old who is not very understanding I want to purchase a new modem? - I currently have a NBN box with a telstra modem, but want to chnage the Telstra modem. What is the difference betyween WiFi Mesh system & WiFi Router system taht I see online. what do I need ?. I hope someone can help me to understand what I should get as the stores arent very helpful and just try to sell me anything. I have a 3 bedroom house

Options
5 Reply
Re:What is right for me
2023-09-26 02:25:06

@Muzza54 sounds like your in Australia, are you?

Options
2023-09-26 11:56:33

@Muzza54 

Hi, welcome to the community.

To better understand your preferences in choosing a Wi-Fi router, it would help if you could tell us what matters most for you when you choose a Wi-Fi router, like the speed, wireless coverage, and easy setup and management.

When comparing a whole mesh system to standard Wi-Fi routers, its notable advantages lie in its superior coverage and seamless roaming experience throughout the entire house.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-27 00:22:35

raven-au wrote

@Muzza54 sounds like your in Australia, are you?

And if you are in Australia it's important to know what setup you have and whether you use the the phone service from Telstra because Telstra are known to refuse to provide configuration information to try and force you to use their equipment.

Nowadays I think this only applies to the SIP setup information for the phone service (most NBN network setups don't need specific setup info. but it can depend on the type of connection you have) so whether you use the phone service at least is important.

Options
2023-09-27 00:30:19
Thanks for your assistance. Now been able to fix my issue.
Options
2023-09-27 00:38:37

Muzza54 wrote

Thanks for your assistance. Now been able to fix my issue.

@Muzza54 ok, I hope all goes well then laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 5

Related Articles