Setup or Setting AXE75 with UNIFI TM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 14:32:12
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0 US

Is this router (AXE75/AXE5400) incompatible with ISP UNIFI TM (Malaysia)? I cannot connect to the Internet. Is there anyone who has tried it with UNIFI/TM Malaysia? Can't find Special ISP settings like other router such as AX50 etc. Seeking advice from an expert/experienced person

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup or Setting AXE75 with UNIFI TM
2023-10-11 20:20:17 - last edited 2023-10-11 20:21:04

@AFMYRoot 

Hi,

What "Special ISP settings" are you looking for?

Apparently UNIFI/TM Malaysia uses a PPPoE connection to connect to the Internet, right?

If a connection was possible with the AX50, then it should be possible with the AXE75 as well.

You can try the following and then check if you are able to connect.

Log into the configuration webpage of the AX50 (don't use the Tether app) and go to the menu "Advanced" -> "Network" -> "Internet" and note all the settings on that page.

Then log into the AXE75, also go to "Advanced" -> "Network" -> "Internet" and make all settings to be that same as on the AX50 and then "Save" the settings.

It looks like UNIFI/TM Malaysia also uses "VLAN IDs". If I go to the menu "Advanced" -> "Network" -> "IPTV" on my AX50 and select "Malaysia-Unifi" from the ISP Profile menu, then several fields get filled with pre-configured values, like can be seen in the first screenshot below.

So, go to the "Advanced" -> "Network" -> "IPTV/VLAN" menu on the AXE75 and check if the "Mode" dropdown selection contains an entry for Malaysia-Unifi. If there is such an entry, then select it and click Save. In case there is no selection for Malaysia-Unifi then you will have to enter the settings you've got from the AX50 manually (similar to the second screenshot) and then Save it.

Options