Client keeps reconnect automatically after being blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-26 00:22:17
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 build 20230728 rel.45716

Hi, my kid is on the laptop all the time browsing YouTube shorts or comics. I already set up parental control. But even after the allowed time is up, he's still available to connect to the WiFi. I also tried to manually block his laptop, but a couple of minutes later, it automatically connected again. I had a look at the laptop which does not have to auto change new Mac address settings on (Use random addresses for this network). It's frustrating because my kid is out of control. Can someone please help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Client keeps reconnect automatically after being blocked
2024-01-26 03:16:03

@caidao 

Double-check your Parental Controls configuration - here's a guide for configuring.

You should probably check if your son is using some kind of a VPN client on this laptop as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Client keeps reconnect automatically after being blocked
2024-01-26 16:46:08

@caidao 

As said above, if you child is using a vpn the parental controls won't work,  

My boy was doing the same he would activate it before his cut off time and it would allow him to stay online all the time and access blocked websites including adult sites ect.  

I have literally had to add all of his devices twice for wired and wireless so he eventually couldn't get online when he shouldn't. 

I had to add on the website blocker list vpn dot com as a broad website domain coverage so he couldn't log onto one of those websites to access any vpns. 

That seemed to nip it in the bud until this latest release of tether and ax72 firmware  update now I can't even reset the parental controls as the update has wiped the previous restrictions and won't let me save them again, if I try and save the new settings more than 3 times it crashes my whole network. 

I even pay for the upgraded homesield stuff and it's not working. 

Failing that I'm now having to take away things from his devices and his mobile so he has to actually go to sleep instead of not being trustworthy enough not to be up past bed time 

Options