Mixing Wifi 6 and 6E Deco routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-31 12:23:02
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi

I have 3 Deco XE75 Pro with Wifi 6E in my network, I need to add 2 more access points so am thinking to get a cheaper Wifi 6 Deco. Unless anyone knows of reasonably priced 6E Decos.

Currently i use the 6GHz channel as connection bn the routers. If i add a Wifi 6 router then I would probably have to downgrade the mesh to 2.4 or 5. What would anyone advise.

I guess if i keep 6GHz open for device connection on the XE75 i get fast local access but how slow will backhaul be on 2.4

Any ideas appreciated

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mixing Wifi 6 and 6E Deco routers
2024-02-01 06:57:01

@Juzcat 

Hi, 

Take Deco X50 for example, when Deco X50 is wirelessly connected to Deco XE75 PRO, The Mesh Backhaul would be 2.4GHz/5GHz only. The overall Backhaul link speed would be capped at Deco X50/AX3000.

Is there any chance that you could connect these 2 more APs via Ethernet cables to the nearby Deco XE75 PRO, such as:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Mixing Wifi 6 and 6E Deco routers
2024-02-01 07:21:50
I can connect them into the main switch as AP mode. If that is the case what Deco can i buy that is lower cost. Really the only think i need single SSID and easy roaming. I would keep the XE75 pro in mesh mode and then the AP in Wifi only. Is that possible in the Deco app to configure NOT in the mesh but on same SSID thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 2

Related Articles