I only get a maximum speed of 100Mbps from the satellites in the EasyMesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I only get a maximum speed of 100Mbps from the satellites in the EasyMesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-02 21:53:28
Model: Archer C64   Archer C86  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!
I just completed an EasyMesh system with a C86 as the main router, along with 2 C64 routers as satellites, all connected to each other via Ethernet Backhaul. Everything is stable and smooth roaming. The only problem is that the measured speed at C86 (connected directly to the GPON modem via the 5e cable included in the box) is 250Mbps, but the measured speed at 2 satellites is maximum only 100Mbps (2 satellites are connected by cable printed 5e, but there is a 20cm section connected by another type of wire, unknown 5 or 5e).

I don't know where the problem is. 100Mbps is the limit of EasyMesh network with Ethernet Backhaul? Or the problem is that the network cable connecting the main router to the 2 satellites is not guaranteed. With an EasyMesh network with Ethernet Backhaul working properly, can I achieve speeds close to the main router when connecting to satellites?

Options
1 Reply
Re:I only get a maximum speed of 100Mbps from the satellites in the EasyMesh system
2024-02-03 11:59:21

@ChiThien 

According to "but there is a 20cm section connected by another type of wire, unknown 5 or 5e" this probably a cable issue.

There are no limitations regarding satellite routers connected via ethernet backhaul to the main router.

Your cables should be at least CAT 5E to get the 1000mbps bandwidth.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options