Internet dissconects periodically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-03 18:41:56
Model: PG2400P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20221213

My PG2400g keeps disconnecting intermittently. It will be fine for 30 minuites or so then instantly drops to kbps for about 5 minuites. I've set the IP to be static on my router, turned off power saving, turned on daily resets and this is still happening. Please if someone can resolve this that would be amazing its becoming unbearable at this point.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet dissconects periodically
2024-02-04 09:32:35

@EwanM 

Hi, Please confirm if LED lights status on the powerline units are always the same or not especially when the issue happens.

You mean internet still works but the speed drops to kbps every 30 minutes and will also recover on its own, right?

Please check the powerline rate between the two powerline units via tpPLC utility to see it is stable.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-26 17:50:39

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Upon looking multiple times this happens I can confirm that the light stays green on both and dosen't show any signs of dissconection but on the tpPLC app it shows the device loses connection it just seems to forget what its connected to.

The internet also just drops i dont have any connection for the duration of this issue.

My current powerline rating is sat at >50Mbps and <50Mbps and the connection between the two is about 100 - 130 Mbps.

I aprreciate the responce and I'll try to keep updated as frequent as possible but im quite busy most days unfortunately.

Options
2024-02-27 01:21:30

@EwanM 

Hi, powerline rate 100-130Mbps is too low for PG2400P since it is g.hn2400 product, please try different wall sockets and move them closer to each other or even in the same room for testing.

You could also refer to this guide to see if it can be better and more stable:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options