Getting disconnected for very short amount of time all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-13 16:42:27 - last edited 2024-02-15 06:38:33
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Don't know name but the latest, I just updated.

Hello!

I have had my Deco setup for over 2 year working perfectly. 

4 days ago I started to getting problems. I was getting minor disconnects all the time, like very 5 min. Which results me getting booted out of my work VPN. Or if I am not on VPN but playing games I get disconnected from my game on steam etc. Also when watching streams it gets interuppted etc. So basically it is unworkable. However the connection goes back really fast, like within 15sec or less I have connection again.

Nothing has changed in my setup, nor have i dropped anything etc. No updated windows/patches/drivers etc. So the problem is really surprising that it came all of the sudden.
So I called my ISP provider first of all since nothing has changed on my end before it started acting up, but they say that everything is looking good on their side and they can see that the connection has 100% uptime + no neighboors have problem either.

So first i tried to update to latest firmware. Did not work.

Then I tried to disable WIFI on the router and only use the ethernet cabel going from modem > router > my computer and it did not work either.

So I connected the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the computer, and this works. So obviously something has happen with my deco router/setup but I just don't know what and why. 

Now I don't really know what more I can do and need help fixing this.

Best regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting disconnected for very short amount of time all the time.
2024-02-14 16:27:04

Please help me anyone.

Options
Re:Getting disconnected for very short amount of time all the time.
2024-02-20 06:10:59

@victor_1337 

Hi, have you tried to set another Deco as the main Deco in case the current one is faulty:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 287

Replies: 2

Related Articles