X50 stability and speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-02 10:13:07
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.

I bought a 3 set of X50's last week and have set these up in AP mode connected to a Sky Hub (PPPoE). This was a less than simple process as the Deco App tried to set these up in modem mode by default.

The set-up is as follows:

Sky Hub connected to FTTP ONT;

Main Deco connected to Sky Hub via ethernet (sky WiFi broadcasting turned off to prevent double NAT);

2 X50 AP's connected wirelessly to main X50;

Powerline adapter connected via ethernet to main X50, 3 other powerline adapters connected to Sky Q and 2 sky mini boxes (for TV) ;

Office PC connected to one of the X50 APs via ethernet.

I can't use the X50 in modem mode as I need the Sky Hub to be connected to be able to receive telephone services.

The problems that I'm experiencing are:

Office PC keeps disconnecting (it does this whether connected via WiFi or ethernet into the X50 AP);

Slow speeds on the upstairs X50 AP (500mb download /50mb upload broadband package but only getting about 100 mb download/5mb upload).

I tried connecting the powerline adapters to the Sky Hub rather than the main X50 but this just caused problems and resulted in all other devices being able to connect to the X50's via WiFi.

I've turned the below settings off in the Advanced settings in the Deco App to see if this makes any difference (can't disable Smart DHCP), anyone any thoughts or suggestions?

Overall I'm really disappointed with the X50's as the whole point of a mesh system was to provide greater WiFi range and stability but the reality is the really poor quality Sky Hub actually provides a better experience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 0

Related Articles