combine old and new hardware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-10 15:02:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.3

Can you keep the M9 plus as the main DECO and add a new XE75?.will the wifi 6e band be available at least in the area where the XE75 altough there will be a bottlenck due to the wifi 5 band restrictions set by the main echo (M9 plus)?

Maiski Calderon 

Options
5 Reply
Re:combine old and new hardware
2024-03-11 03:36:45

@Maiski-Calderon 

Hi, yes, Deco XE75 will still broadcast the 6GHz WiFi when it works as the satellite unit.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-11 06:23:49

@David-TP in a similar vein, i have two Xe75 aright now

but there is this ine portion of the apartment where it is always slow most likely due to interference even jf the signal strength is full. Can I add one more Deco older model x55 as a satellite unit connected via wireless so rhat data comes thru more consistently?

Options
2024-03-11 09:28:18

@ansj64 

Hi, Do you plan to use 1*Deco M9 Plus(main)+2*Deco XE75+1*Deco X50 altogether?

Suppose the slow speed in that location is caused by wireless interference, I don't think an additional Deco could improve the speed, especially since the current wireless signal strength is not bad. But if you could connect the last Deco X55 via an Ethernet cable to the Mesh system, the speed could be improved compared with Wi-Fi Backhaul.

Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-11 14:27:12

@David-TP right now i have two XE75 connected by ethernet backhsul. The problem is the bedroom where wirelesd interference seems to be causing issues. I csnt add an ethernet connection since we did not install an ethernet line in the walls. I guess i have no solution

Options
2024-03-11 14:42:05

@ansj64 

Do you have TV cable (coaxial cable) outlet in that bedroom?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 5

Related Articles