Deco M5 Limiting Download Speed

2024-06-10 09:05:20 - last edited 2024-06-10 09:38:49
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4 Build 20231222 Rel. 63684

Hi. Good afternoon here at Philippines. Just want your input in my issue. I have 1 Deco M5 and use it as my Main Router for me to monitor all devices connected to my network. I used a disconnected ISP modem/router as AP connect it via LAN port of TPLink gigabit switch 4 ports then gigabit switch to Deco M5. The first time i try this kind of network works very well. I have a 800mbps plan from my ISP and I've always get that speed when i'm trying to perform a speedtest or download something. But then i try to download a movie from Torrent and my download speed is now getting half of my 800mbps plan. I tried to speedtest directly to ISP modem/router and i'm getting a full 800mbps dl and ul but when i connect the deco from the ISP modem/router, the download getting half of the speed again. The upload didn't seem have an issue since its getting a full 800 mbps (sometimes 900) but the download isn't. This issue started only when i tried to download from a Torrent service (qbittorrent). Is it possible that the Deco M5 have some internal download limiting issue when there's a heavy downloading? I can't reset that Deco since i already configure all my self-hosted service's static IP address and blocked some didn't recognize devices. I check the QOS and set the limit to 1023 same download and upload but issue still persist. also tried to change the qos mode from standard to game, stream, etc but same issue. I also tried to change the ethernet cable, change ethernet port in ISP modem/router and in Deco M5 but issue still there. Just an additional, issue persist same on access point and router mode. Hoping you can help me with my issue. Thank you.

File:
445377360_962995168856372_4476131116594214628_nn.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Limiting Download Speed
2024-07-04 11:23:01

@jronilav 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Is your network topology like:

ISP modem router----main Deco M5(Wi-Fi router mode)---TP-Link gigabit switch---a disconnected ISP modem/router as AP

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue with Torrent downloading on the Deco M5?

If the main ISP modem router is also working in router mode, have you tried to set Deco into Access Point to see whether it helped:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 Limiting Download Speed
2024-07-09 08:11:10

@David-TP 

Hi. yes. my network topology is indeed like that. i have tried to use the m5 as an access point but still capped at 400 to 500 mbps. i stopped downloading from torrent but its still have the issue until now and i dont want to use the deco as access point since i used the deco to monitor all connected devices on my network. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 2

Related Articles