Deco P9 Powerline don't work

2024-08-09 15:54:46
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 build 20231229 Rel. 36765

I just purchased two Deco P9 units and I bought them specifically for the PLC function. I have been trying to get this function to work because there are many walls in each one that prevent the Wi-Fi signal and I realize that this type of connection is impossible. 

I have started to investigate in the forums and I see that most of the people who have tried to get help regarding this problem have been canceled. 

It is 2024 and TP-LINK does not listen to its users. It is unfortunate to buy a specific product and not have it fully work.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Powerline don't work
2 weeks ago

@Sleater14 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you used any powerline adapters before Deco P9?

The Powerline Backhaul is closely related to the home electric wiring conditions and after extensive troubleshooting with senior engineers, many cases are approved to be caused by the powerline interference.

If possible, it is also suggested to temporarily plug the Deco P9 units into the same room to check whether the Powerline Backhaul could be properly established.

(PS: please make sure Deco P9 is set as the main Deco)

For other suggestions, please refer to Improve Powerline Backhaul on Deco P9

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco P9 Powerline don't work
a week ago

Sleater14 wrote

I just purchased two Deco P9 units and I bought them specifically for the PLC function. I have been trying to get this function to work because there are many walls in each one that prevent the Wi-Fi signal and I realize that this type of connection is impossible. 

I have started to investigate in the forums and I see that most of the people who have tried to get help regarding this problem have been canceled. 

It is 2024 and TP-LINK does not listen to its users. It is unfortunate to buy a specific product and not have it fully work.

Ensure that your Deco P9 units have the latest firmware installed, as TP-LINK may have released updates addressing PLC issues.Ensure that your Deco P9 units have the latest firmware installed, as TP-LINK may have released updates addressing PLC issues.

Make sure the units are on the same electrical circuit, as this can affect the performance of the PLC function.Make sure the units are on the same electrical circuit, as this can affect the performance of the PLC function. 

Options