Deco XE75-Pro Lost Internet

2024-08-10 16:50:18
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a two-pack of the XE75 Pro. Never had a problem until a brief power outage. In previous outages, the Deco came back with no intervention.

Now, I can't even see the Wifi connection. If I connect through Ethernet there's no Internet connection. The Deco app doesn't see anything (and in any case there's no wifi connection between phone and router). I have verified that internet service works via my ATT modem via Ethernet and its own Wifi.

On the Deco main unit, the green light is on and solid. On the secondary unit, light was red. I turned it off, and those of two additional Deco M5s that were used in my house. Both of those were red as well. So now I only have the main Deco XE75 Pro on. But: no internet, no Wifi visible, no app connection.

I've tried power cycling the Deco and the modem (and mini switch I have as well).

I'm reluctant to reset the Deco for fear of losing all my settings.

What should I try?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75-Pro Lost Internet
2024-08-12 06:26:06

@chicagonyc 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When you said "The Deco app doesn't see anything" " do you mean the Deco APP reported "We couldn't find Deco" or would there be any other error notice on the APP?

-Can I have a screenshot of the Deco APP error notice?

I think you could try to reset one of the satellites M5, unplug Deco XE75 pro from the ATT modem, and then connect the Deco M5 to the modem instead.

After that, please create a new network via Deco M5 on the Deco APP:

How to Create a New Network in the Deco App

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco XE75-Pro Lost Internet
2024-08-12 19:42:32

@David-TP The former. App reported can't find the Deco XE75 Pro main unit. I've unplugged everything else.

I tried to reset using the button on the bottom, and could not get a blinking blue light. It is either green or yellow.

Deco M5 once reset works great as a main unit for a new network.

Options