Apple TV+ not working with X60

2024-08-11 23:51:33
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Deco X60(US)_V4.6_1.2.0 Build 20231221

Hi! I haven't had any problems with the X60 until recently when I started experiencing issues with the Apple TV+ app on all devices: Google TV, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, Roku, etc. It does not allow the app to connect correctly to the Apple TV+ homepage or stream any content. All internet access and other streaming services are working fine; it's just the Apple TV+ app on any device.

If I connect directly to my ISP router, which provides internet to my Deco X60 network, everything returns to normal, allowing the Apple TV+ app to stream shows and movies.

However, as soon as I reconnect to my Deco X60 network, the Apple TV+ app does not work; the app gets stuck or shows "Content Unavailable - There's a problem loading this content. If this continues, check your Internet connection."

So, the problem is not with my ISP or my Apple TV subscription; it is with the Deco network.

• I tried connecting a computer directly via Ethernet to the Deco, but the same problem persists.
  • I have factory reset the Decos and have not configured anything advanced or any other features except for the basic setup, thinking that something else might be blocking the Apple TV service; still, the problem persists.
  • I have configured a static IP in the Deco network and assigned the DNS manually, but no luck.
  • Changed the Deco main unit that connects to the ISP router with the other X60 that I have as satellites, but no luck either.
  • I have restarted everything, yet the same problem continues.

As mentioned before, using my ISP router directly or any other network (e.g., cellular or a friend's ISP), everything works fine with the Apple TV app streaming service.

Does anyone have a clue or know if I am missing something in the Deco X60 configurations?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Apple TV+ not working with X60
2 weeks ago

@mechdig 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Since there is already an ISP router, have you tried to set Deco into Access Point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

And a new firmware 1.5.5 was released for Deco X60_V4, it is also suggested to update to the latest firmware:

Deco X20/X60 V4/V4.6 1.5.5 with Wireguard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Thanks again and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 1

Related Articles