Tp-Link Archer T3U Plus keep disconnecting

2024-08-21 12:07:30
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have some issues with the TP-Link Archer T3U Plus adapter

The first issue is that when I start Windows, and at random times, the adapter disconnects when trying to connect to my Wi-Fi. It restarts itself 2-3 times before it starts working again.

The second issue is that I can't plug it into any USB port on my motherboard because it keeps disconnecting, as described before, but then it doesn't work at all.

The third issue is that when it does work, the connection is slow, and after a few minutes, it becomes really slow before working normally again.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers and disabling the energy saver option from device manager but that didn't help.

Thanks in advice!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tp-Link Archer T3U Plus keep disconnecting
2024-08-22 10:14:19

@Darilomi 

Hi

1. Check Wi-Fi signal strength. If the signal is weak, move the computer closer to your router if possible.

2. Contact router support to change the channel and channel width on your router to avoid possible interference.

3. You may try the driver below:

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)

Options
2024-08-22 15:41:45

@Joseph-TP 
The signal is strong because I keep my PC close to the Wi-Fi, and I tried updating the driver, but it still disconnects. It's like when I unplug it because Windows 11 makes the same sound as when you unplug something

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Darilomi 

Hi,

There is a known incompatibility between certain USB Wi-Fi adapters using Realtek chips and USB 3.x (SuperSpeed) ports of certain systems based on AMD CPUs, which causes the frequent unplug/plug-in events you are noticing. 

So, if your PC is based on AMD, then plug the Archer T3U Plus into a USB 2.0 port of your PC instead. (or in case all USB ports of your PC are USB 3.x, then you can plug an USB 2.0 extension cable between the USB 3.x port and the T3U Plus, which would achieve the same)

Alternatively you could also uninstall all drivers that you installed. You may have to do this a few times if you have already tried more than one driver. After all user-installed drivers are gone Windows 11 should revert to its built-in driver ("Vendor: Microsoft"), which doesn't try to switch the T3U Plus into USB 3.0 mode, even if it's plugged into a USB 3.x port.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@woozle 
Yes, my PC is based on AMD, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Thanks to Reddit, I found a temporary solution for fixing the unplugging and slow loading of browser pages. I went to Device Manager under Network Adapters, then accessed the Advanced tab of my TP-Link wireless adapter. In the Wireless Mode setting, I had to choose IEEE 802.11b/g. However, the downside is that it slows down my internet speed. I still need to find a fix, though.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Darilomi 
I still have the issue and don't know how to fix it.
I ordered it on July 12th. Am I able to get a refund or replacement?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Darilomi 

Hi

I have included a new driver in your message to help address this issue. 
It is suggested that you disable driver signing and proceed with updating the driver.

Just a friendly reminder, please keep an eye on the return period.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 
Hey, thank you for the driver but which drivers should I choose? There are too many options.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Darilomi 

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.
It is recommended that you directly upload the entire zip file (the one I sent you). The installation method is as follows:
How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10 & Windows 11

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 8

Related Articles