Deco connected via WiFi despite having eth

2024-08-23 02:21:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Rel. 80438

Hey everyone,

I've got my Deco M4 units set up in Access Point mode, and they're all connected to a switch via Ethernet. However, the network map in the Deco app keeps showing one of the units as connected via WiFi.

When I unplug the Ethernet cable from that unit, the light on top turns red, which indicates no Ethernet connection. So I'm pretty sure it is physically connected.

I'd like to have all my Decos connected via Ethernet for optimal performance. Any ideas on why this one unit is showing a WiFi connection and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for any

help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco connected via WiFi despite having eth
2024-08-23 06:29:49

@Runixo Is your network setup like this: modem > switch> Main Deco

↘ Deco 2

↘ Deco 3

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-08-23 08:42:58

@ImtiazAli all the decos are connected to the same switch

Options
3 weeks ago

@Runixo 

Hi,

Please try the following steps and see if it will be shown as Ethernet backhaul on the Deco APP.

1. Switch the location with the other satellite Deco unit.

2. Test different Ethernet cable and ports on switch and Deco.

3. Connect this unit to the main Deco directly with Ethernet cable.

And what is the model number of the switch?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options